Saturday, May 5, 2018
Half marathon, Sport, Enduro and Kids races
** Please note this is the replacement race for the Terra Cotta race that was cancelled.***
*** Please be patient with us as we work on course maps. The trails are still closed and covered in snow so we are doing our very best!***
WE ARE PROUDLY A CUP-FREE EVENT!
For all races and events, please bring your own reusable cup/container. Thank-you for being a part of our commitment to the environment!
Kelso is also the ONTARIO REGIONAL MOUNTAIN RUNNING QUALIFYING RACE
The 5Peaks Kelso Half Marathon on May 5th, 2018 will be one of two Ontario qualifying races for the 2018 Canadian Regional Mountain Running Qualifying Series http://www.mountainrunning.ca/series.php
If you finish in the first 3 positions in your age group in the race, you will be qualified to enter the 2018 Canadian MountainRunning Championships. For more information about the Regional Series and the Canadian Mountain Running Championships, go to: www.mountainrunning.ca
Not only is Kelso beautiful to visit (you should see how the escarpment changes in each season), but there is also so much to do: camping, picnicking, mountain biking, a ski hill, stand-up paddle boards, swimming, and even movies under the stars! You’re not bereft of choice when you visit Kelso Conservation Area.
Join us for the half marathon, Saturday, May 5. Some great features of this race:
- beautiful trails with rock gardens and roots to challenge runners
- two challenging ski hill climbs
- picture worthy view overlooking the park and GTA
- a beautiful sandy beach to relax on after the run
- plenty of picnic areas for the family to relax
- a single 21k loop race
- includes parts of the Bruce Trail
From Toronto: 401 west to Hwy 25. Go north to Campbellville Rd. Turn left and follow to Tremaine Rd. Turn left and head to Kelso Rd. Turn right and follow into park.
Category, Fees, & Distances:
$95 plus fees
Early Bird: $85 plus fees only until April 15, 2018
NO RACE DAY ENTRY
Sport Course: 6.3k (subject to change)
Enduro Course: 12.2k (subject to change)
- 7:30 - 8:45 AM: Registration / Packet Pickup opens for Half Marathon and 3k races (9:30 AM for 1k Childrens Challenge)
- 7:30 - 9:45 AM: Registration/Packet Pickup opens for Sport/Enduro races
- 9:10 AM: Kids’ 3K Timed Race
- 9:40 AM: Children's 1K Challenge
- 10:10 AM: Sport and Enduro Races, Wave 1 (each wave follows in 3 min intervals)*
- 10:30 AM: Kids’ 3k Awards Ceremony
- 12:45 PM: Awards Ceremony for Half, Sport and Enduro races
- Bring a change of clothes and stay for the post race food, fun awards and prize giveaways!
Half marathon map:
First Aid & Water Stations:
2 Water/Aid Stations (1 at start / finish area, and 1 mid way through course). First Aid attendants at the Start/Finish area, at aid station and throughout course with radio communication. Course sweep will travel behind last racer.
Washroom facilities and outhouses available at Start / Finish area.
Will be located at 1.5k, 3k, 5k and 6k for the Sport/Enduro racers and 1.5k, 2.5k, 6.5k, 7.5k, 12k, 15.5k and 19.5k for the half marathoners.
In the interest of racer safety and because of the size of our attendance and the technicality of our course, it’s dangerous!
NONE OF THESE THINGS BELONG ON THE TRAIL DURING THE RACE:
- No dogs
- No headphones
- No strollers or baby joggers
- No nordic walking poles
Spectators are welcome. Spectators who cheer will be rewarded with smiles.
Awards & Prizes:
Awards ceremony will be held following completion of all competitors.
Registration Deadline and Fee:
Registration fees for this race are $95 for the half marathon and $60 for Sport and Enduro. Registration closes on Thursday night at 11:59pm***
Race day distance transfers (between sport and enduro) are available during package pickup for $5 cash.
**Registration fees, park fees (where applicable) & GST not included.