October 6 & 7, 2018
5 Peaks Cape Chignecto, Nova Scotia
48k, 24k, Sport, Enduro and Kids Races
Join us for our second year at Round the Cape!
At Cape Chignecto Provincial Park, towering 180 m (600 ft.) sea cliffs rise from the Bay of Fundy, while the world's highest tides lap at their base. Best described as a wilderness park, it has 29 km (18 mi.) of pristine coastline, deep valleys, sheltered coves, rare plants, and remnant old-growth forests.
*Please note: the 2018 event will have a 48km Ultra, which is a full loop of the park. Registration for the Ultra and the half marathon will be opened to 2017 participants first.*
Race Date: Saturday and Sunday, October 6 & 7, 2018.
Trails: Cape Chignecto Hiking Trails
Distances and Fees:
Saturday Oct 6: Trail Half (24km) : $80.00 early bird, $90 regular
Saturday Oct 6: Sport (5.6km) and Enduro (12km): $50.00 early bird, $55 regular
Sunday Oct 7: 48k Ultra: $110 Early bird, $125 regular
Kids race: $10.00
Photos above by hikebiketravel.com and Bryan Gagner.
Tentative Schedule of Events for Saturday and Sunday
- Race package pickup: 8am - 9am at the Info Centre on Race Day (can also pickup Sunday's package at this time)
- Saturday Race Start: 10am
- Saturday Awards: 2pm
- Package pickup for Sunday: please pickup on Saturday between 10am and 4pm at the race site.
- Sunday Race Start: 6:30am
- Sunday Awards: 4pm
There will be cutoffs for the 24k and 48k posted here shortly. Total time allowed for 24k is 6 hours. Total time allowed for 48k is 12 hours. More cutoff times and distances to be posted here soon. This is for your own safety, as well as safety of volunteers. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
There are no aid stations for the sport course.
There will be water at the 6k turnaround for the Enduro course, at the Mill Brook Canyon.
For the 24k course, there will be a fully stocked aid station with food, water and electrolytes at 8k and 16k. And water only at 6k and 18k.
For the 48k course, aid station Info coming soon!
*Please note that all runners in the 24k race must be back to Arch Gulch (16km mark) by 4pm. If you arrive after this, you will be stopped and transported back to the start line.*
Your race includes:
- Post race spread to help you refuel- last year we had pie, fruit, chips, pretzels, potatoes, assortment of drinks. Expect something similar this year!
- Official race souvenir: Sport and Enduro: Official 5 peaks Swiftwick Socks.
- Race Souvenir pack for Half marathon and full 48k: A sweet assortment of 5Peaks Swag with over $50 value!
- Fully stocked food and refreshment table in the finish line area and at checkpoints
- Well marked routes and gorgeous views!
- Please note we are a 100% cup free event. You must bring your own water vessel.
Travel to the Race
Travelling from out of town? The closest airports are in Moncton, New Brunswick (1.5 hrs away), and Halifax, Nova Scotia (about 2 hours away). Cape Chignecto Provincial Park is located in West Advocate Harbour, 45 km (28 miles) west of Parrsboro and 80 km (50 miles) from Amherst. From Halifax on Hwy 104, take Exit 12. At Parrsboro take Hwy 209 to the park. From New Brunswick on Hwy 104, take Exit 4 to Hwy 302 to Hwy 242. Then follow Hwy 209 to the park. Meet at the Red Rocks Visitor Centre near the park entrance.
Read more information about the park HERE.
WE ARE PROUDLY A CUP-FREE EVENT!
For all races and events, please bring your own reusable cup/container/ water belt or hydration pack. Thank-you for being a part of our commitment to the environment!